anon12345678

Synastry - Discussion

Postby anon12345678 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:08 am

Oh, and if it helps, male's location is San Diego, CA while female's is San Francisco, CA with the time being 4:20 pm. Time for male is unknown. Sorry about that!

unicorngirl

Synastry - Discussion

Postby unicorngirl » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:28 pm

Sasha,
I posted a thank you, but I don't know if you got it.
Thank you for reassuring me and explaining all this.
I was hoping, however, to ask one last question since you did ask...my lovers ex is his ex WIFE. Can you comment on their prior connection since you said you didn't see much...
Yes, I'm paranoid especially since we are about to get married and although he's totally committed she's constantly trying to interfere.
Thank you and thank you for your interesting website.
Thanks
Melissa

Sasha
Site Admin

Synastry - Discussion

Postby Sasha » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:42 pm

Dear friends, sorry for my absence at the forum during last couple of weeks, I was not home and a bit delayed my answers! :flower:

This evening I'll answer both questions. The question about ex-wife is especially interesting, because it seems I should analize it deeper then I did :shy:

Ads
Sasha
Site Admin

Synastry - Discussion

Postby Sasha » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:59 pm

Dear anon12345678, I checked this synastry manually with a new data :) I can confirm, that the numbers you've received are right.
Let's start from feelings. Female to male gives -2. It does not mean, that there are no feelings, it means that there are feelings: you are not neutral. But this feelings can have difficult component. In your charts you have opposition of your Moon to his Sun. Please look what it may mean:
astrology/sun-aspects-in-synastry.html#opposition (Man's Sun in opposition to woman's Moon)
Probably it answers both questions, about feelings and about his flighty nature. Maybe he just reacts this way on some difficulties, trying to protect himself (from childhood associations, from your leadership, etc), but his feelings and attraction to you definitely present.
So I would say, that this relationship is very interesting and important for the growth of both of you. But to achieve harmony in this relationship, some efforts are definitely needed.
Please if you have further questions, don't hesitate to ask, I'll try my best not to delay the answers :shy:

Sasha
Site Admin

Synastry - Discussion

Postby Sasha » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:38 am

Dear unicorngirl, I went deeper into analysis of the relationship between your close friend and his ex. Well, I guess I understood what she means talking about soul mates. There are 2 aspects in their synastry chart which give good mutual understanding - a trine between her Jupiter and his Sun, and also possible conjunction of Moons. I say possible, because Moons move too fast and their positions depend on the time of birth.
Both these aspects give good understanding, Moons give subconscious understanding and Sun with Jupiter - conscious. It can create a feeling of soul mates. But my experience tells, that mutual understanding is very good, but it is not enough for loving partnership. It does not mean love, it does not mean sex, but love and sex have great importance also. A relationship based on understanding only is one-sided. So my understanding of this situation is - they are good friends, and their mutual understanding can give some mystical feeling, but for harmonious union it's rather not enough.

Please feel free to ask any further or clarifying question, it's is as interesting for me as it is for you. I just sometimes answer not really quickly, but I'll try my best to answer asap :)

anon12345678

Synastry - Discussion

Postby anon12345678 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:38 am

Oh my, Sasha! I made the terrible mistake of saying that the female's birth time was "4:20 PM" when it is really 4:30 PM (roughly). If that messed up the synastry chart, I apologize. Anyway, thank you for the help you have done!

When examining the aspects, I did not get an opposition between his sun and my moon. The signs are in opposition, but when I calculated the synastry with a synastry tool, it made no aspect. Then again, I do not know his birth time which could really mess up the orbs either way.

According to male to female attraction, which is a 3, I question that because my Mars is square his Venus in which GREATLY hinders attraction. I feel as if this person is not attracted to me whatsoever due to my very Sagittarius nature and his Venus in Capricorn preferring well kept, introverted women. I do have to agree that my attraction to him is a 4.

In regards to male to female love, this person has claimed to hate me, and also insults me greatly as to where it hurts my feelings. Even though this calculator is something to trust, I don't understand why male to female love gets a 4! I feel as if he doesn't care about me, but I do greatly towards him.

Finally, how do you calculate the synastry outcomes without the birth times? I know it is possible to get the signs without a birth time, but in order to get actual aspects and see how they work, doesn't an astrologist need a birth time?

Thanks so much, Sasha! You're really helping people out! :)

anon12345678

Synastry - Discussion

Postby anon12345678 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:18 am

Sasha, I just feel as if we have a lot in common but terrible compatibility. We are always quick to critique each other and I truly feel as if he has no feelings of "good" toward me. I don't feel he's attracted to me.

Sasha
Site Admin

Synastry - Discussion

Postby Sasha » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:53 pm

Hi anon12345678,

thanks for the interesting questions :thumb:

let's start from this one:
anon12345678 wrote:Finally, how do you calculate the synastry outcomes without the birth times? I know it is possible to get the signs without a birth time, but in order to get actual aspects and see how they work, doesn't an astrologist need a birth time?

Actually, the time of birth is really important for Moon only - it moves quite fast and covers ~13 degrees per day. Other planets are much slower, Mercury covers ~1,5 degrees per day, Sun and Venus - 1 degree, others even less.

So the greatest imprecision is possible for Moon. Hence you are right, the online service gives a first approach for analysis, and even for manual calculation, if time of birth of one of the partners is unknown, some imprecision is possible, which concerns Moon aspects. In most cases results are quite credible, though they can not be taken for granted. But even I myself sometimes use the online service to check synastry quickly, and it works great in ~80% of cases :yes: Although sometimes Moon make some changes in final analysis.

And here we have a good example of this moment in your synastry. Not knowing your time of birth, online service calculates, that there is an opposition of your Moon and man's Sun. Knowing your time of birth, we see, that imprecision of this opposition is 11 degrees, so probably it shouldn't be considered as an aspect, because the orb is too big. But for luminaries in major aspects different astrologists use different orbs, some of them recommend 10 degrees for opposition to Sun, some - 12. I saw even recommendation to use 15 here.

So this is a question, which different astrologists may consider in different ways. My position here is following: usually I use 10 degrees orb for oppositions of Sun, but I also take into account that such an opposition with an orb within 15 degrees works, but not as strong as an exact aspect. Its influence must be less. And I agree, that some astrologists may not consider it as opposition, but my experience tells that it may have some influence. Let's say - half less.

By the way, the online service calculates major Sun aspects with 10 degrees orb.

To be continued :)

Sasha
Site Admin

Synastry - Discussion

Postby Sasha » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:06 pm

anon12345678 wrote:According to male to female attraction, which is a 3, I question that because my Mars is square his Venus in which GREATLY hinders attraction. I feel as if this person is not attracted to me whatsoever due to my very Sagittarius nature and his Venus in Capricorn preferring well kept, introverted women. I do have to agree that my attraction to him is a 4.

In regards to male to female love, this person has claimed to hate me, and also insults me greatly as to where it hurts my feelings. Even though this calculator is something to trust, I don't understand why male to female love gets a 4! I feel as if he doesn't care about me, but I do greatly towards him.

In this calculations aspect between Mars and Venus is taken into account for the 1st number. The service gave -1 here, because this aspect is sexually attractive but difficult, as described here.

Concerning 2d and 3d number, this level I called "superficial attraction", like attraction to outer appearance, style, common behaviour, etc. Your friend received 3 here, does it make sense from this point of view ("superficial attraction")?

Concerning male to female love - again we touch Moon's aspect, which may be precised, if we know the time of his birth. The calculation shows sextile between his Moon and your Sun, that usually creates a feeling of love, not as great as trine creates, but quite perceptible. But if you find out his time of birth, this could be reconsidered.

So, as you see, exact time of birth could help to clarify this moments, and the online results give a first aproach to analysis.

anon12345678 wrote:Sasha, I just feel as if we have a lot in common but terrible compatibility. We are always quick to critique each other and I truly feel as if he has no feelings of "good" toward me. I don't feel he's attracted to me.

A lot in common may be explained by trine of your Moons (which also should be verified with the time of birth). It usually gives good mutual understanding, but does not mean compatibility. So, touching the question of his feelings, it would be really helpful to verify the position of his Moon, especially when automatic results cause doubt. I guess it will be very interesting to analyze further! :flower:

anon12345678

Synastry - Discussion

Postby anon12345678 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:00 am

In reply to what you have said about trine moons, in synastry, what are major factors to compatibility?

Sasha
Site Admin

Synastry - Discussion

Postby Sasha » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:18 pm

anon12345678, highlighting major factors we always simplify, in thorough analysis we look at everything, and after that decide what is more important for this certain synastry. But to make it simple for quick evaluation, I'd say that major factors for man and woman relationship may be the aspects between male planets from one side and female from the other, where Sun and Mars are male and Moon and Venus - female, no matter in whose chart which. Aspects between male only or female only planets work in different way and are more important for other types of relationship.

DuffyGal84

Synastry - Discussion

Postby DuffyGal84 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:56 pm

What do the "0" mean here? Does the calculator have any bearing on soulmate vs karmic relationships? I believe this guy and I were lovers in a past life (I also had a past life reading confirming in addition to having a double whammy venus-s node conjunct) and we have a lot of trines. My mars conj his venus. We also both are venus-pluto sextile ("double whammy"). How can our numbers be so low? Doesn't time of birth come into play with degrees/orbs?

Male 26.12.1988, Female 26.08.1984

Physical (sexual) compatibility: 1
The emotional attitude of male to female (attractiveness): 0
The emotional attitude of female to male (attractiveness): 0
Feelings of male to female (love): 3
Feelings of female to male (love): 5

Sasha
Site Admin

Synastry - Discussion

Postby Sasha » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:51 pm

Hi DuffyGal84,

you are right, that calculator does not analyze karmic aspects. In particular, it does not touch Moon nodes. As I've written above, it is rather a first approach, not a full thorough analysis. It takes into account real planets and luminaries only, which give quite a good evaluation, even though it could be improved manually.

And the numbers you received are good - probably, you feel that they are low because you haven't compared them with really unsuccessful numbers. But these numbers, from my point of view, show a good relationship. There is mutual love - in this point calculations are definitely correct.

Looking manually, I can just confirm. Your individual horoscope, by the way, shows very good spiritual potential, as well as your friend's horoscope. No wonder that you know your synastry :) Probably, you disagree with the first number, which relates to physical compatibility. This is probably just my evaluation of the aspect you've mentioned between your Mars and his Venus. The attraction is notable, but it can have hidden difficulties in a long run, because there may be some exchange roles, when a woman plays a leading part. So the calculator gives here just 1 point - probably, it's not quite a right decision and should be corrected.

And concerning time of birth - as far as I see, for your sunastry it didn't affect the results given by calculator, while for deeper analysis it is needed for sure.

DuffyGal84 wrote:What do the "0" mean here?

It means neutral result at this level, neither positive nor negative.

DuffyGal84

Synastry - Discussion

Postby DuffyGal84 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:53 pm

Sasha wrote:Hi DuffyGal84,

you are right, that calculator does not analyze karmic aspects. In particular, it does not touch Moon nodes. As I've written above, it is rather a first approach, not a full thorough analysis. It takes into account real planets and luminaries only, which give quite a good evaluation, even though it could be improved manually.

And the numbers you received are good - probably, you feel that they are low because you haven't compared them with really unsuccessful numbers. But these numbers, from my point of view, show a good relationship. There is mutual love - in this point calculations are definitely correct.

Looking manually, I can just confirm. Your individual horoscope, by the way, shows very good spiritual potential, as well as your friend's horoscope. No wonder that you know your synastry :) Probably, you disagree with the first number, which relates to physical compatibility. This is probably just my evaluation of the aspect you've mentioned between your Mars and his Venus. The attraction is notable, but it can have hidden difficulties in a long run, because there may be some exchange roles, when a woman plays a leading part. So the calculator gives here just 1 point - probably, it's not quite a right decision and should be corrected.

And concerning time of birth - as far as I see, for your sunastry it didn't affect the results given by calculator, while for deeper analysis it is needed for sure.

DuffyGal84 wrote:What do the "0" mean here?

It means neutral result at this level, neither positive nor negative.

Thanks so much for your reply! I understand. I don't know his exact date of birth anyway, so I can only estimate. We aren't in a relationship yet, still getting to know one another. Hopefully soon, I'll be able to do a full synastry chart. Thank you!

unreality

Synastry - Discussion

Postby unreality » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:16 am

Hello Sasha glad to have found your site.

Male 02.11.1969 born 927 pm Philadelphia PA Female 02.04.1980 11:56 am Philadelphia PA

I have 4 aspects within our charts that I wonder alter the results. Sun Conjunct Moon, Moon opposite Saturn, Venus Opposite Neptune and Venus Conjunct Pluto. I read your description of Venus conjunct Pluto and the male is venus and female is pluto. It says that "she can never let him know she is his shadow". Can you explain what you mean by that? This Venus conjunct Pluto is also very exact, separated by like 9 minutes, I would imagine that is considered quite powerful. Otherwise I think the the results look good but really 0 for attraction?

Physical (sexual) compatibility: 3
Feelings of male to female (love): 5
Feelings of female to male (love): 4

Sasha
Site Admin

Synastry - Discussion

Postby Sasha » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:07 pm

unreality, welcome!
I'll reply in the nearest time, within one or two days :shy:

unreality

Synastry - Discussion

Postby unreality » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:48 am

:sun:

Lily7

Synastry - Discussion

Postby Lily7 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:59 pm

Physical (sexual) compatibility: 0
The emotional attitude of male to female (attractiveness): -5
The emotional attitude of female to male (attractiveness): 2
Feelings of male to female (love): -3
Feelings of female to male (love): 5

What do you mean about this one? I think that female is more involved but in fact she left him :facepalm:

Lostinspace

Synastry - Discussion

Postby Lostinspace » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:52 pm

This is analysis with men I'm interested in, but he doesn't show any sign of his interest towards me..Is this good or bad compatibility or should I give up :upset:

Physical (sexual) compatibility: 4

Sasha
Site Admin

Synastry - Discussion

Postby Sasha » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:02 am

unreality wrote:Hello Sasha glad to have found your site.

Male 02.11.1969 born 927 pm Philadelphia PA Female 02.04.1980 11:56 am Philadelphia PA

I have 4 aspects within our charts that I wonder alter the results. Sun Conjunct Moon, Moon opposite Saturn, Venus Opposite Neptune and Venus Conjunct Pluto. I read your description of Venus conjunct Pluto and the male is venus and female is pluto. It says that "she can never let him know she is his shadow". Can you explain what you mean by that? This Venus conjunct Pluto is also very exact, separated by like 9 minutes, I would imagine that is considered quite powerful. Otherwise I think the the results look good but really 0 for attraction?

Physical (sexual) compatibility: 3

First of all, this relationship looks wonderful! Especially when looking at positions of luminaries and close planets - Mars, Venus. If this relationship works, it must be very harmonious and fulfilling for you both.

Aspects with higher planets usually deal with inner goals, growth of partners within a relationship. The Venus-Pluto conjunction you've mentioned - as I understand this aspect, it means that woman gives man everything that he needs to explore and transform his anima, and she does it willingly. She feels what he needs, it is easy and natural for her.

From the two oppositions in your synastry, Moon-Saturn seems to be more difficult. This opposition may threaten the relationship, and it is man's responsibility to understand his restrictive trends in relation to woman's emotionality and to overcome them, giving her more freedom.

The "attraction" word I use in automatic analysis means just the outer impression, first perception of partner's appearance, style, behaviour, etc. Probably this idea is not really very clear, and I need to improve analysis and review this level :shy: The more I look at results, the more I see that it rarely gives important information. I will think a bit :)